How to act as a leader? What does it mean to behave as a leader? Is there a way of knowing whether or not we are demonstrating leadership? Yes, there is a way to follow a leadership approach. Here is a code of honor of the leader, which details 10 commandments. If you respect all these commands in all the actions you undertake on a daily basis, then that means that you are on the path to real leadership. Of course, that is not enough, and we would have to look at each situation on a case by case basis. But here is a frame that still gives you a good indicator of leadership:
1. The leader gathers and inspires. It does not lead by force, but knows or go, and expresses it subtly. Demanding towards his collaborators and subordinates as for himself, he imposes discipline, rigour and exemplary behaviour.
2. Attentive to its collaborators and subordinates, the leader bears to them the consideration that one must have any companion, has any friend, has any member of the family. The leader acts as if his colleagues were comrades-in-arms. Kindness and loyalty are his master words.
3. An accomplished professional and a guarantor of collective competence, the leader federates energies, promotes initiatives, seeks responsibilities but also knows how to delegate them.
4. Equitable, the leader maintains cohesion by his ability to recognize the merits and by the discernment with which he sanctions, when this is really necessary.
5. Confident in his group, in his movement, in his party or in his company, the leader is also confident in the value of his collaborators and subordinates. The leader establishes a climate of openness and loyalty, a guarantee of success and conducive to self-surpassing and selflessness.
6. Daring in action and measure in his judgement, the leader dares to take the necessary risks to the achievement of his declared objectives. Dare. Always dare.
7. Courageous, determined, pugnacious and real leader of men, the leader knows that his decisions can engage the fate of the men who follow him. He assumes all the consequences. He knows how to take responsibility, and dares to recognize his mistakes, his failures, his weaknesses and his failures. He doesn't accuse anyone of his place.
8. Psychologically hardened (inner game), physically and mentally available, the leader keeps all his faculties intact in order to master the complex and destabilizing situations to which he may be confronted.
9. Aware of his role in the city, society, the world, and why not of the Cosmic universe, the leader testifies on a daily basis an unwavering faith in his activity, and communicates this faith in all circumstances.
10. The leader shows leadership in his professional but also family and friendly world. The leader is the leader at all times, in every place, for all, all those who express the desire to collaborate or to get closer to him.